This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community News Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zherbus

re: Event Ideas- PvE

I was talking and generally bullshitting with the Viper today and I had a thought:

We have, especially with my guys joining WAR, about PvE:

We have a lot of people, existing and new, who are familiar with dungeon runs. It might be worth it to set up a day (maybe tuesday before Guild Mission night) to do some dungeons and have the knowledgeable lead some groups through some runs.

This will give some credibility towards our PvE base and get some people into it. I know we're heavily aim'd towards WvW, but a lot of people here are for PvE. I think that will bolster that front.

As it is right now, it's random solicitation for dungeons and shout outs for world bosses.
Dethroat.
-------------------------

Awarded:

GREAT IDEA!

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
Vinncynt

My only issue (and this is a personal issue and I speak as a guild member not a Council Member) is that I barely make it to the event start times as is what with getting off of work and needing to have supper prior to start.

So if we did it prior to the Guild Mission I'm out because I can't make it in time. I'd suggest doing it AFTER guild missions on Wednesday. But that'll only work until there's more and more guild missions to do.

Bar tried for a while to organize runs on the weekend but there was never any turn out.

I like it, but I question how many PvEer's want structured PvE in this guild because we've tried more than a few times to make it happen.

We'll talk about it again at the Officers Meeting, and mayhaps it can go onto the Guild Meeting Agenda and we can solicit some feedback on why it hasn't been garnering attendance in the past.

Juno Reaktor

We can't be everything for everyone -- I suggest we stick with our strong points. It's my understanding that WvW is the foundation of the guild and therefore should always be the primary focus.

If our goal is to have a really really large guild, then yeah you have to do everything, including this structure PvE idea.

If our goal is to be the best WvW guild on YB, then we need to maintain that focus.

This doesn't keep people from PvEing on their own, forming up guild-based teams to tackle dungeons, doing story quests, leveling alts, etc. However it would keep *organized* PvE activities off the prime-time schedule so they don't conflict with WvW.

I think Juno has a point. Which parts of this game are our guild's primary goal? Which ones are secondary?
Vinncynt

Malakin Yampi wrote:
I think Juno has a point. Which parts of this game are our guild's primary goal? Which ones are secondary?

WvW is primary, which is why there are three week nights dedicated to it and you find most of the leadership of the guild in it during the weekend.

PvE is secondary which is why there are only two "Guild Bonding" nights (being Monday and Wednesday).

The thing to remember, regardless of our stated direction, is that there ARE PvE people in the guild and they generate a LOT of influence for us WvWer's to use in WvW. I'm comfortable organizing and participating in two PvE days for those that PvE to show them my gratitude for generating influence for us to use.

Our two PvE events at current are Guild Bounty / Guild Trek (unlocks this week!) which generate tokens for ascended gear for the WvWer's and PvEer's a like, and crusing Orr to unlock temples (PVT Gear anyone?), generate influence (yay Guild Siege!) and farm gold / mats (Yay superior siege!).

So right now our PvE content focus has some very specific WvW applications.

Though we have some thoughts on that, look forward to a post from Bacon in the near future regarding PvE content!

c71clark

Don't forget that, generally speaking, people do most of their leveling in PvE because it's a LOT more efficient.

Akkori - Mumble

Haamiah Akkori - 80 Human Mesmer
Lailah Akkori - 80 Sylvari Elementalist
Oolai Akkori - 80 Sylvari Guardian
Lilo Akkori - Human Necromancer
Pinna Akkori - Asura Warrior
Veelii Akkori - Norn Thief
Odano Akkori - 80 Asura Ranger
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community News Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: