This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community News Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dethroat.
-------------------------

Awarded:

re: Recent Issues with the Alliance

Good morning everyone,

I'm going to take a few moments and try and explain to you what the issues are, and that it is really nothing that the Guild needs to worry about. I will explain some things tomorrow during the Guild Meeting, but what we need to do as WAR is ignore it, move on, and be the better people. Doing this will make us look good to the Community.

It has been brought to my attention the last few weeks that certain people in the Community don't like WAR. Well someone once told me "When you are successful, people will come at you." I believe that statement, I believe that people in other Guilds might see our Guild succeeding, and having fun, with little to no drama, and maybe they are a bit jealous that their Guild's atomosphere is not like that.

Needless to say, the whole issue erupted in the public forums on the Yak's Bend website, and people started pointing fingers. This for the most part was all started with people in the Community abusing their powers. As of last night, the issues have been brought to attention, talked about, and it was decided that everyone's rights be removed from Mumble, and the Website, which I agree with because you have to rebuild somehow, and that's the appropriate step.

We as WAR will still be in our new Mumble server, and we will continue to have fun, and do what we do. I'm asking everyone in the Guild to not read too far into these issues because the issues have been taken care of. We move forward from here just like the Community is moving forward, it's how we keep things healthy.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I understand your concerns about it. Like I said, I will be going into a little more detail in the Guild Meeting, but overall, this is the message I want to convey, and we need to follow along with this message.

All is fair in love and war, but War is Hell...

Dethroat

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
WoodTick_

I respect your stance - even without knowing much about the details.

It seems to me that this guild has something unique going on. A lot of things are clicking well. Unfortunately, you are right. The one in front usually has a target on their back. Looking at it from the other perspective, though gives our guild an opportunity to help those other guilds get better as well - even if it is just by being a model.

Keep up the great work.

- Tick

Well, i learned in my life that when you are succesfull at something, other people will talk bad about you and what you do just to see you fail.

For me, thats a sign, that WAR is doing great.

Dethroat.

Awarded:

Good point!

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
[WAR]Screng

i trust dethroat to make the right calls, and i certainly dont have all the info, but I do believe in the concept of Noblesse Oblige

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noblesse_oblige

basically, rulers/royalty must act so, and that means in some cases showing kindness on the 'masses'. Now im not really calling us the king of the server nor insulting our allies by calling them peasants, im just using the concept of feeling a sense of responsibility after a community gives acknowledges you with respect.

- Whoever claims to be noble must conduct himself nobly.
- One must act in a fashion that conforms to one's position, and with the reputation that one has earned.

I guess what im saying is i feel, even though we earned it, as honorable men and women we still should feel some sense of obligation to act nobly, bite our tongue at times when people throw stones at us, and try to think of the welfare of the server not just our own guild, when possible (a big caveat).

Im not saying we should take crap off scrubs and not defend ourselves, but i do think we should let small stuff slide if possible and try to think of ourselves as a shepard of a flock.

see i knew joining this guild from my old one was a good idea haha

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community News Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: