This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community News Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinncynt
-------------------------

re: GW2 Guru - Guru Featured Guild Application

I finally got an e-mail back from GW2 Guru regarding the Guru Featured Guild Application. If you would like to have some input on this please copy the information below (starting at Part A) into a reply to this post answering any/all the questions you wish. It'll get compiled and a submission sent in.

Hints for getting chosen.
1. Make your replies interesting and stuff you feel the community would like to know about your guild
2. While we don’t want pages in reply, you are more likely to get picked if you avoid one word, or one sentence answers.
3. Make sure your response is in, on the final Monday of the month. If it’s late it may not get judged.

This is designed as a bit of fun and as a way for people to see the variety of communities and Guilds within the game. It is no way associated with Arenanet or anything related they may do with GW2 in the present or the future.

Boring stuff out of the way. Here is the questionnaire Happy

Guru Featured Guild Questionnaire.

Please answer five of the following questions from Part A
Optional: Send in your Guild's logo or an image you would like to represent you (150X150 maximum please)

Part A
1. What is your Guild's History – how old? Why was the Guild formed? Which games have you played as a Guild?
2. Do you have a Guild philosophy? What does the Guild aim to achieve?
3. Why does your Guild work? What does your Guild do better than other Guilds?
4. Does you Guild organize in-game activities other than simple participation in game play? Give examples and explain. If you have Guild meetings, discuss the purpose of the meetings. If you have regular role-playing events, go into detail. What was the inspiration for or story behind these events?
5. How do you see the Guild evolving over time?

Part B

Answer any three questions from the below.
PvE Discussion:
1. How does the Guild approach PvE in Guild Wars 2? Do you place a higher priority on any aspect of PvE such as dungeon or Dynamic Event completions, exploration or looking for new equipment?
2. Can you share any tips or a build for beating a particular Dungeon or Boss?
3. What heroic moments in Guild Wars 2 can your Guild share?
PvP Game Discussion:
1. What unique approach to PvP does your Guild have?
2. Can you share any builds or tactics in SPvP or WvW?
3. What are some heroic moments in Guild Wars 2 WvW/SPvP can your Guild share?

Part C
Choose between 3 and 5 Notable members of your guild and ask them to answer three of the below
1. Give us examples of why you think Guild Wars 2 is the greatest game you've played
2. Name one interesting fact about yourself in real life or your character in game.
3. Tell us about your biggest triumph in Guild Wars 2
4. If you could choose one Guild Wars 2 Character to represent you, who would it be and why?
5. Tell us about your most embarrassing moment in Guild Wars 2
6. What is your Primary/preferred character – Tell us a little about the character you like to play most frequently – professions, skills (combos?), play style etc
7. Do you have any unique real life experiences as a result of gaming (such as meeting your spouse in-game)?
8. Tell us about the funniest thing you’ve seen someone do in a pug group

Last edited by Vinncynt on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Dethroat.

Awarded:

Part A
1. What is your Guild's History – how old? Why was the Guild formed? Which games have you played as a Guild?

War is Hell formed on the first day of the 3-day headstart by Dethroat and some real life friends. After a few weeks, all of his real life friends moved on to other games, but Dethroat stuck around and made the Guild what it is today, and is striving to make it better as time goes on! War is Hell was formed on GW2 but has a branch in Planetside 2, and soon The Elder Scrolls Online

War is Hell tries it's hardest to make fun the most important factor. We love having the family atmosphere in the Guild, and being a family just leads to more fun experiences.

War is Hell works simply because the members have a say in everything the Guild does. As far as Leadership goes, we have one Leader (Dethroat), but he gets tons of help from his Officers Council. They work tooth and nail along side him to make War is Hell one of the best Guilds on Yak's Bend. It's already a very big and noticeable Guild on that server.

4. Does you Guild organize in-game activities other than simple participation in game play? Give examples and explain. If you have Guild meetings, discuss the purpose of the meetings. If you have regular role-playing events, go into detail. What was the inspiration for or story behind these events?

War is Hell does daily Guild Events such as Orr Nights, Dungeon Runs, Map Completion, and World vs. World for the majority of the time. We have a Leadership Meeting every Sunday, and a Guild Meeting every month. It's important for us to hear what our Guild Membership has to say, and what they can bring to the table. We try to fit everyone's play style in.

We see War is Hell becoming more unstoppable and even more noticed in the future. We see us with a strong large sized roster where everyone is proud to be in the Guild and is willing to participate in whatever the Guild has to throw at them!

Part B

PvE Discussion:
1. How does the Guild approach PvE in Guild Wars 2? Do you place a higher priority on any aspect of PvE such as dungeon or Dynamic Event completions, exploration or looking for new equipment?

War is Hell is a 50/50 split. Most of us spend a lot of time in WvW, while a lot of us spend time farming Dungeons, leveling, etc. Your more than capable of fitting right in, because we offer things for both style of players to do!

War is Hell has some of the best players in the game. We can easily tell you a step by step how-to on any Dungeon, Event, Build, etc.

War is Hell is a heavy WvW Guild. We have a huge presence on Yak's Bend, fielding around 40-60 people on reset night, and around 25-30 during the weekdays. We run very organized Squad Tactics, and they work excellently! 10 War is Hell Members can take down a 50-man Zerg like it's nothing. Don't believe it? We have videos to prove it!

Since War is Hell is heavily WvW based, WvW Builds/Tactics are second nature to us. If you want to know something, you'll find at least 30 people with the correct answer!

When we were able to take Bay, Hills, and Garrison simultaneously. All War is Hell members.

Part C
Choose between 3 and 5 Notable members of your guild and ask them to answer three of the below
1. Give us examples of why you think Guild Wars 2 is the greatest game you've played

Guild Wars 2 has tons of perks, it's free to play, and with constant updates, it keeps you wanting to come back. One of the major reasons I'm still around is War is Hell. I feel like I've known some of these guys/girls forever, and I would hate to leave the game because I've grown so attached to some of them!

2. Name one interesting fact about yourself in real life or your character in game.

I am a 3D Modeling/Animation student who will hopefully be accepted into the ArenaNet Internship Class of 2014.

4. If you could choose one Guild Wars 2 Character to represent you, who would it be and why?

My Necromancer. I've had him since the headstart, he was my first 80, and I can play him with my eyes closed. I've mastered the art of the Necromancer!

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Part A

The Guild was formed on day one of the 3 day head start by Dethroat. The Guild currently is based in Guild Wars 2 while it has branches in Plantside 2 and soon to be Elder Scrolls Online as well as a few other possible games

War is Hell is a family through and through, we work together like a well oiled machine. The philosophy would be Family comes first and everyone in the guild is family.

War is Hell works because of the family atmosphere, we listen to our members and use their input to figure out what our next move should be.

Well events wise we have a multitude that we do but just to name a few would be Orr night were we go to Orr and just do anything and everything possible. We also have a jumping puzzle night were we go out and do as many jumping puzzles as we can in a night.

I see War is Hell growing into a name know across many servers and us holding a roster that is great in size but with every person as close as a small team.

Part B

PvE Discussion:

War is Hell has an approximate 50/50 split on the WvW and PvE sides. We have no real priority as a guild but people work together in teams to hit each of those priorities as they see fit.

If you need help on builds or dungeons our guild would be a good choice to go to we have several members who are great at each and could give you several builds to help you beat a dungeon.

PvP Game Discussion:

War is Hell has a very large number of WvW players rangeing from 40-60 on reset night to 20-30 on most other nights.

Our members could give you a multitude of builds that span all types be it DPS or Tank our members are sure to have a build that will help strengthen your play style

We have had some great moments but one of my favorites was when War is Hell took Bays Hills and Garrison all simultaneously only with our members.

Part C

Well for starters its Free to Play with constant updates, yet its also the community i have play many games but Guild Wars 2 has one of the best communities i have found.

I am studying Video and 3d Animation and i hope to get into the gaming industry in 2014

My ranger would represent me the best. He is powerful but most do not see his true potential.

5. Tell us about your most embarrassing moment in Guild Wars 2

First day asking everyone what i should do
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community News Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: