Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno Reaktor

re: You've Been...

You've been invited to participate in a beta event from Friday, January 10th at 6:00PM ESTuntil Sunday, January 12th at11:59PM EST.

Just received from email@mailer.elderscrollsonline.com

-------------------------

Awarded:

Damn you Juno!

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
Aunedaiel

Don't take any arrows to the knee, Juno. If they didn't have a $15 a month subscription, I'd consider wanting to participate in beta and play, but meh.

Tal_lion

Quote from Juno a couple mights ago "I keep getting invites to elder scrolls online but I haven't played it yet."  Me "You gonna play it?"  Juno " I don't know probably not."  Not verbatim quotes but generally true quotes.

Juno Reaktor

lol Tal -- that's pretty much identical to how it went.  I have a bunch of unused beta event emails from the last month or so.

I'm bored off my ass in GW2 so I'm going to try the TESO beta only as something to do.

I'm with Aunedaiel -- I can't cough up $15 a month for a sub, it's against my nature.  Especially if I have to buy the game for $60 on top of the sub.

I bought this package for Star Citizen on Monday:  https://robertsspaceindustries.com/store/318-aurora-ln

Similar model to GW2 as in it's buy-to-play.  I love space games and I'd be playing EVE but it costs to fucking much.  Hopefully SC is good.

lol, EVE costs too much...20$ + 15$ a month...no different than most P2P models with the exception that you pay 20$ for the game and the first 30 days, plus if you use a buddy link for a 21 day free trial, the 30 days when you purchase the game gets added to the remaining days from the trial, it doesn't take place of the trial days.

And if anyone wants a 21 day trial, just ask..I have 2 accounts on EVE.

Back away from the ledge, I'M COMING DOWN!
Dethroat.

Awarded:

Star Citizen is going to be pretty awesome!

I was all for TESO until I heard about the sub fee. After coming from games like WoW, EVE, etc. I don't really have a problem with the sub fee, I understand it, but the number one reason that I'm not picking up TESO, is because it is coming out on console now. Just let that sink in. Sure, it might be great on PC, but it's going to be dumbed down a lot to fit the console players in since it's going to be cross platform. That alone, killed my sale.

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
Aunedaiel

2 words. EverQuest Next.

No sub fee. Destroyable environments. Dynamic events that shape the server (every server will evolve differently because of these events). Gives my PvEness a chubby.

As for the sub fees, I've been paying them for 14 years. GW2 broke that mold for me. I played EVE for a month and said fuck it even with another month paid for. If I wanted to play a game like that, I'd go dig Freelancer out of my closet since it is damned near an exact replica without the multiplayer aspect, which I hardly noticed unless some asshole came up and started mining my asteroids. Going back to TESO, a buddy of mine is in the beta and he says it's awesome and how much he loves playing it. That's an indication that I shouldn't play it since every game he says is awesome, he ends up playing for about a month and dropping it.

But yeah, Skyrim's interface is a lot easier and makes for better play on 360 than PC, which disappoints me. Keyboard + Mouse = too buggy when interacting with NPCs (I often get the wrong dialogue options even when selecting the correct one because the mouse is slightly off) which is something that could have been patched a while back but hasn't yet. This makes me wonder if Bethesda has drank the console Kool-Aid and is going to fore-go patching unnecessary bugs with their interface in an attempt to keep the patches more unified. Add to this the plethora of exploits in Skyrim which were never patched (only a few of the more common exploits were) and I foresee an exploiter's paradise in TESO. I love Morrowind, never played Oblivion, and Skyrim is badass, but I feel Bethesda is going down a dangerous path with TESO: one which they have no idea how to fix their numerous bugs and exploits and they'll just mass ban people who use them, either accidentally or on purpose, or even worse, they'll turn a blind eye to mass exploiters and the ones who use them will have a huge advantage over those who don't.

Dethroat.

Awarded:

I honestly see TESO going down the same road SWTOR did.

My location on TeamSpeak
Juno Reaktor

I'll post my TESO feedback at the end of this beta weekend.

I'm personally looking forward to Wildstar.  It'll have the same box price tag + sub fee that TESO has but something about a stylized space western appeals to me.  There was a reason I was a huge fan of Firefly.  I don't mind sub's, I prefer the B2P model, but I'll pay one sub and at least try it out.  TESO I'm on the fence about.  The PvP sounds cool, and I like the idea, but I'm worried about the controls, interface and graphics with Xbox and Playstation being target audiences.

Vinncynt

I just started my client download...

Aunedaiel

Det,

I'll agree with you about SWTOR. Single player RPG turning into an MMO. Developers not really having a clear direction on which way to take the game, etc. I loved the game, but the entire time I was playing it, I was wondering why I was paying a subscription fee. The dungeons were meh and most of the content was single player. Dogfighting would have been amazing multiplayer, but instead we were given tracked, single-player, space combat. Over-all, the few games I have really rooted for were destroyed by shitty or rushed development and bad timing. SWTOR, Warhammer, Shadowbane, Dark Age of Camelot (expansions mainly), you name it. I've pretty much given up on attempting to rotate games and I'll probably be playing Guild Wars 2 for several more years until it gets completely stale. Right now I'm just focusing on school work and Skyrim until I complete the main quest then I'll come back to it in free time for Dragonborne and Dawnguard.

Vin,

I loved Firefly and that sounds cool too, but I predict a small population and a waning subscription base. Also, remember Final Fantasy XI was targeted towards PS owners and PC owners, so it is possible to balance the two. XBox is an easy port from PC since they use the same programming language so I'd predict the PS having a lot of attention from the bugs, which will end up detracting from TESO's team gaining any edge on new content or working out more obvious bugs (which I believe was the case with Skyrim: The PS3 bugs were overwhelming and difficult to fix). To be completely honest, any time you do multiple platforms and have to have multiple programming teams, shit will get lost in the shuffle. If they're shooting for a simultaneous release on all 3 platforms, development is going to take a shitload longer which may result in crib death (can't remember the other games which had this happen, but I know a few MMOs died on the table because of development issues).

Tal_lion

Vin started your client download for wildstar? or teso?  Knowing me I'll prob check out both I don't know. Seeing that I have played every elder scrolls game I will buy and play teso even if just for a single player experience, which they are openly saying it will be geared more for single and small party.  Wildstar has grown on me a bit but I'm still pretty questionable on it.

Juno I grabbed a basic alpha package for star citizen seeing that the dogfight module is supposed to be out this month may e and there were only 19k alphas left I pulled the trigger.  At there pace those alphas will be gone the end of next month or so.  I think at the moment they are picking up like 500 pledges a day.  My dumbass will prob end up sinking more money in so I can switch out and see some of the different ships.

Vinncynt

Tal_lion wrote:

Vin started your client download for wildstar? or teso? 

TESO Beta...

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: