Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> MMO Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinncynt
-------------------------

re: The Stoming Land

So I enjoy the idea of survival type games, I also enjoy the thought of PvP in them.  However that's where the enjoyment ends.  The thought of it is great but too often it's not the social experiment it could be and rather the troll fest you'd imagine with griefers.  I don't mind being killed in PvP, but when people go out of their way to exploit and grief I have zero fun.

So I've been jonesing for someone to do a survival type game that focuses a little more on the PvE side while still having PvP.  

Enter, The Stomping Land.

So first off lets ditch the tired and overused zombies (take that Day Z, Rust, H1N1, etc, etc, etc...) and lets go back in time and live with the dinosaurs!  Did I ever mention I really, really enjoyed Jurassic Park even though nothing about it was even relevant to the Jurassic time period?

By providing large, dangerous, and terrifying dinosaurs of immense power the game drives players together into co-operating to form a camp, scavenge for food, and fight / tame dinosaurs (that's right, fight AND tame!).

Currently it's in Early Access on Steam for $24.99.  I'm not going to pick it up right now, I'm into WildStar in a nasty way, but it's on my radar and I could see this being a ton of fun with friends.  Check out the official website here, the sub-reddit here, and the completed Kickstarter page here (lots of good info).

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> MMO Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: