Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> The Firing Range
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinncynt
-------------------------

re: Battlefield Hardline

Beta's on until the 26th of June...

Dethroat.

Awarded:

I haven't had a chance either. I have it installed, but just haven't gotten around to it. I'm really interested in at least giving it a chance.

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
Vinncynt

I haven't had a chance to try out a match yet, far too much WildStar in my free time for me to bother with an EA title at this point.

BUT just so you all know the Beta is now completely open, log into Origin, you'll be assaulted with a "Register for the BETA!" screen, click it, register, download and play.

Though so far comments from testers has been very much along the lines of... "Should have been a $10 DLC for BF4, not a stand along title for $60+"

Vinncynt

Well I got myself a BETA invite, we'll see how she goes.

Vinncynt

EA is hard at promoting BF Hardline at E3!

Firstly, and the thing you'd be interested in if you were interested in this title is that the closed beta starts today.  You can sign up on the official website if you want to test'er out.  Here's some game play footage with some commentary by a couple of guys from PC Gamer.

You can also watch a complete and uncut round of "Blood Money"...

or / and read PCG's hands on here.

Vinncynt

New trailer out that hints at an October 21st release date...

Dethroat.

Awarded:

I definitely sighed there. I might check it out if they take their time on it. If it's released by Christmas, I won't go near it.

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
Vinncynt

Correction to my above statements...

DICE will indeed to developing Battlefield Hardline, and they've promised to work alongside BF4 to improve it at the same time...

le sigh...

Thanks to PC Gamer for making us aware of this I guess...

Even more of a reason to just not buy anything related to BF right now...

Dethroat.

Awarded:

Well I'm glad DICE pulled a Bungie and decided to pull out and go elsewhere. Those two companies, a long with Epic, and Bioware are my top favorite companies of all time, and would eventually like to work for one of them. The reason I chose these companies is simple. They take their time and make quality fucking games. Epic has fallen off a little since they've become Microsoft's new baby, but still. Every title those companies have put out has been fantastic. They are not worried about the business model, they aren't worried about profits, it's all about pushing themselves to do the best work.

The falloff with the big console gaming companies happened when gaming went "family/living room friendly." Sure, it always has been, but this time, Grandma can play! (see what I did there?) Anyways, the big publishers know that with this wide, varied customer base, they can afford to lose quality, because they know 87% of the console gaming community is going to buy it anyways. That's the sad part about gaming nowadays and why I am driven more and more to kickstarter projects and smaller companies nowadays.

My location on TeamSpeak
Vinncynt

Yeah I'm not 100% sold on this for sure.

EA and DICE lost a lot of clout with the release of BF4.  EA for pushing the release, DICE for being bullied like that.  EA however is pushing for a release schedule akin to COD for sure.  DICE said no deal and that's why there's a new developer working on this title.  DICE should still have resources directed at fixing the cluster fuck that is BF4...

Dethroat.

Awarded:

Jesus fucking Christ. This is EA milking down Battlefield into a shitty fucking game to compete with COD. BF4 is TERRIBLE compared to BF3, this one, even though it might be fun, is going to suck. First off, if it's Battlefield, it's DICE. Going to a different Dev is their first mistake. Their second mistake is trying to push out another Battlefield so soon.

I will give them this, the changing of the roles is a fantastic idea. I've been saying for years, going all the way back to my days working with GameStop that they needed to make a fresh shooter with different/new ideas. Though the cops and robbers thing may not be new, it definitely is different considering the last 5-10 years has been nothing but military shooters.

I'm staying away from it until it's free.

My location on TeamSpeak
Vinncynt

If you've been living under a rock and don't check out gaming news except to wait for me to post it here you might not know yet...

EA has decided to diverge from the standard Battlefield formula.  Rather than two opposing armies facing off the next entry into the franchise will be a Cops and Robbers frag fest.  Visceral Games is the developer, taking DICE's place for the new entry.

Right now there's just teaser information out there and not much more than knowing it'll be Cops and Robbers.  The teaser site is here, and the announcement will be at E3 on June 9th, at 12 pm PDT.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> The Firing Range All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: