Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dethroat.
-------------------------

Awarded:

re: REVIEW: Watch Dogs

Watch Dogs is one game that I have been looking forward to for a long time. So needless to say, I am very excited to bring you this review. Which also happens to be our first! So let's get started!

So last night at midnight, Watch Dogs released on Steam. Although I didn't get to play it until 1:30 or so because of Steam/Uplay Servers, and another reason which I will get into later. So when I finally got on and started playing, I was instantly intrigued with the back story, and how I can then use my own emotions to then control the character's overall growth, and how society will see him.

So the first thing I noticed in game were how insane the graphics were. Seriously, they crashed my video card on LOW! To go with the good graphics is the character movement. The controls and movement feel very MMO-like. Very fluid, easy, and fun! On the other side, driving is horrible. Once the car gets moving, steering is fine, is accelerating and braking that are the problem. The second you press W you GO and the second you press S you come to stop. The collisions with other cars are good, the damage, smoke and stuff looks pretty real, so at least when you suck at driving, you get to watch some awesome wrecks!

Even though I am not very far into it, (1.2% after 5 hours) I can tell you now that this game is going to need a lot of time to complete. The entire city of Chicago is at your fingertips from the start. Everything you hack ties in to the person your character becomes, so you can imagine how insane the skill tree is, it goes on and on. Not to mention, there isn't just one skill tree you level, there are roughly 6-7 that I've seen progress over time.

Overall, Watch Dogs is fantastic so far, even though at this very second I can't play it because the Uplay servers are down. I give it a 4/5 because the only negative things I have noticed are the driving (which I can tolerate) and the servers. The servers are the big issue for me.

WAR RATING: 4 out of 5 angry Coffeemug's

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
Vinncynt

re: REVIEW: Watch Dogs

Thanks for the news on the title Justin!

You can also check out PC Gamer's review here.  It got 87 out of 100.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: