Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> MMO Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Vaultese
-------------------------

re: Our Community in WildStar

Damn it guys :(

A couple of reasons why I probably won't be joining y'all, even though I LOVE WILDSTAR.

1. I would only ever wanna play on a pvp server.

2. I've already made four characters on Bloodsworn, and haven't had any queues even on the weekend.

3. Dominion's a bunch of dickbags. EXILES RULE!

Dethroat.

Awarded:

Characters from before the head-start are wiped. You start out again with no characters, or realm.

An update on the servers vault, theyve had to create an additional pvp server, as well as offer free transfers for people on pvp realms to others because the population/queues are ridiculously high. Screng was experiencing queues of up to 175 hours. If you've played WildStar before, you will know that you can have your pvp flag turned on, no matter what server, duel, etc. It's the same as any other. Plus from what I've seen of the pvp, its all realms mixed together. Also, there's a reason you're called Exiles, it's because you don't belong anywhere on Nexus! Fear my Dominion wrath! Muwhahahahahahaha.

Okay seriously though, play with us Vault, you know you wanna.

edit: spelling

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
Aunedaiel

TenTonHammer has a speed leveling guide up if you guys wanna check it out.

Vaultese

I never played head-start, I just got it on the 3 days prior to launch.

I MIGHT play with y'all, Idk. I REALLY can't stand the thought of not constantly fearing getting ganked in open world.

So yeah, the queue times for Bloodsworn are solid. They haven't gone up since launch which is nice.

And seriously? If you played the starters for Exiles at all, you'd know the Doms are a bunch of bloodthirsty douches lol.

Dethroat.

Awarded:

That's exactly what we are!

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
Vinncynt

Vaultese wrote:

I never played head-start, I just got it on the 3 days prior to launch.

I MIGHT play with y'all, Idk. I REALLY can't stand the thought of not constantly fearing getting ganked in open world.

So yeah, the queue times for Bloodsworn are solid. They haven't gone up since launch which is nice.

And seriously? If you played the starters for Exiles at all, you'd know the Doms are a bunch of bloodthirsty douches lol.

The downside to WildStar's PvP is that there really isn't much in the way of open world PvP so being on a PvP server or a PvE server will only be about a mindset of players and not an actual "in game" difference.  Sure people are flagged  but you can accomplish the same on a PvE server.  We just picked the RP Server (we would have picked the RP-PvP Server if there had been one) because we figure that it will:

1. Be more stable population wise.
  2. Have more in the way of organized server events.
  3. Generally have nicer more helpful people on it.

And as for the Dominion thing...  Chua and Mechani are awesome races, and I prefer being the underdog as the "bad guys" are usually the more lightly populated side in a two faction game.

Last edited by Vinncynt on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tal_lion

Vault you have been infected with errant thoughts by the exiles it's not your fault we can help.

Depressio_the_clown

For those who were not on TeamSpeak when I said it (which means almost all of you guys); I just joined in the Wildstar adventure with you.

So a little Chua is on his way, but I can't choose between Spellslinger and Medic.

Vaultese

Trying to level a Mechari Stalker on the server atm, not going so good.

Aunedaiel

Well, so far I'm having a blast with my Chua Medic. Bahaha, joking. Thanks for the key Tal! I've got a Chua Engineer (level 12) named Chunkadunk, a level 5 Drakar Warrior named Aunedaiel (ORIGINAL! :) ), and a level 1 Chua Spellslinger named DaelSauce so far. Unfortunately, I screwed myself taking the key so early because all this week I have midterms, a 10 page research paper, and a group to lead in school. Plus I've been cooking and cleaning to help encourage Rose so I'll probably not be on too much until Monday (2 days before my key runs out lol). But yeah, if I can sneak it past Rose, I'll buy it but until we know if she has her job or not, I'm kinda up shit creek with finances so it may be a few months before I can grab my copy. Again, thanks a billion Tal for the key. I've been having a blast on here. I mainly play in the mornings right now so if anyone sees me on, throw me an invite :).

Tal_lion

NP Aune, I was trying to guess which race/class combo you would use and restrict haha.

Vaultese

You guys are lucky. The BEAUTIFUL music of the Dominion side has saved it for me. I'll get to work focusing on my Mechari Stalker named Vaultese.

Aunedaiel

Vault,

I HATE music in MMOs. This is the exception to the rule. The music is FANTASTIC, at least on the Dominion side, and I find myself feeling like I'm about to go on a ride in the Millennium Falcon or attack the Death Star at any moment simply because of the background music. Just about every MMO I've ever played, I've had the music turned off. Not this gem.

As far as race/class combos are concerned, I really hope they do an overhaul of the races at some point. The Drakar, for example, need serious help in the modeling department, but then again I felt this way about the Charr in GW2 as well as the fat goat demon guys in WoW. I like the Mechari, but damn they're big. You would think Chua could be Stalkers with how small they are, but I guess they're just too cute for that sort of thing. So far, my Chua Engineer has really caught my attention and I'm enjoying the hell out of him.

Vinncynt

I would have loved some height adjustment in the body selection area for all the races.

My Chua Spellslinger is pretty awesome.  I've had more than a couple medics I've found out in the world just follow me around and group up because my dps got them through and they were amazed at how fast we could chew mobs apart.

Aunedaiel

Damn you Vin. I made a Chua Spellslinger the other day and I finally made it around to testing him this morning. I got to level 11 in a matter of a few hours. Compared to the Engineer, Spellslingers are freaking insane. I can actually complete challenges quickly and I have a little bit of added survivability that puts him on the same level as my Engineer solo. I realize Engineers are a "tank" class and less of a DPS class, but dayem I can smoke stuff like it's nothing with this little badass. I have to admit, I think I'll be splitting my time between the two classes just because of how awesome they both are in their own unique way.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> MMO Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: