Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> MMO Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinncynt
-------------------------

re: PAX East: Star Citizen Dog Fighting Module

So Tal posted a super lame link yesterday and blamed it on the mobile version of the website.  I think he's just super lazy...  For for your viewing pleasure I have a copy of the complete livestream from the event I'll post at the bottom.

The event was held in Boston and it was a backers only pre-PAX event.  The key take aways were that the DFM (Dog Fighting Module) was about more than just PvP.  You'll be able to PvP of course, but there will also be the ability to play some co-op with buddies against some PvE AI's.

The module will include five Alpha game modes: Free Flight, Battle Royale, Squadron Battle, Capture the Core, and Vanduul Swarm.

In a sort of cool twist the DFM will be launched from inside the existing hanger and is actually an "in game" game of sorts.  The in-universe fiction (lore) is that Arena Commander (what the DFM is actually called) is a game that was released in 2944.  A pretty nifty concept actually.

So now that you've read my words, or skipped them, here's the video!

Tal_lion

The stream was kind of a shit show haha.  They seem to still be having some problems with thier netcode also roberts immediately wrecked his avenger right out of the hanger haha.  Not to mention the asinine drunk members of the crowd.Anyway when it did work Iit looked pretty freaking good.  They allowed people to pve after and I guess that was really smooth.  The main reason for push back has been the netcode ala writing their own to bypass problems like titanfall 8 player limit.  I'm anxious to see if they give a release date or put it back in the garage for a few months.  If they release it soon then last night I imagine is not indicative of the module.

Vinncynt

I was under the impression (from news articles this morning) that we'd see the DFM in the next few months.

Tal_lion

I think it is supposed to be released within one month we will see.  I did see that initially it will only support 10 or so players but later they are shooting for 50+

Muerte Man

My actual desktop necessity is increasing. I can bear some games on a laptop, but this is something I don't wanna miss out on.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> MMO Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: