Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> The Command Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinncynt
-------------------------

re: Civilization V: Brave New World Mods

Anyone play Civ V, have BNW and any mods to recommend?

So far I've used the R.E.D. mods, which are pretty slick.  What the R.E.D. mods do is change the unit's to be a little more realistic.  So it shrinks the infantry units down in size and puts more of them on the map, and in formation.  There's also one that modify's their uniforms and weapons based on the country selected.  Just makes it look a little more "realistic" especially later in the game when you're using infantry and tanks.

A Mod of Ice and Fire is ok as well if you're really into Game of Thrones.  It gives you the ability to play as most of the major houses, the map is pretty accurate to other maps I've seen of Westeros.  My big issue is no world wonders, they weren't altered, they were just removed.  The tech tree stops at the Rennisance (which is ok given the fantasy nature) however because the tech tree stops so abruptly all the research times are greatly increased to span the entirety of a game.  Also all the units are basic Civ V units/buildings with the EXCEPTION of the house specific ones.  For example The Reach has Redwyne ships, and Landed Knights.

By far the BEST mod I've come across...  The shortened animation mod for aircraft.  I hate how "long" it takes to use a bomber in a turn, this mod greatly speeds it up!

You can find all the mods I mentioned in the WorkShop via Steam.  If you have any others you think are pretty good post'em up so I can try'em out!

Muerte Man

re: Civilization V: Brave New World Mods

I play, but just stock with all the expansions. I turned off move animations entirely because of those bombers though.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> The Command Post All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: