Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> MMO Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinncynt
-------------------------

re: WoW: Warlords of Draenor Alpha Notes

So I quit playing WoW some many moons ago.  I only played Cataclysm for the free month that came with the purchase and then stopped again.  My main gripe?  The combat system is too bloated.  I felt like there was a lot to juggle in Vanilla and TBC, but then WotLK, Cataclysm and MoP seemed to just go further and further in that direction.  It became a game about min / maxing and balancing gear rather than a game about having fun, playing with friends, and killing raid bosses.  Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with a little bit of theory crafting, doing some research and working at a build and a specific set of gear for that build.  But when that becomes the game instead of being part of it I lost my taste.

To that end the WoD Alpha Notes hint at Blizzard doing some pruning of the bloated combat system.  In an avid attempt to reduce the amount of gear juggling you have to do and stat balancing Blizzard is removing a few stats, mainly Hit and Expertise though other removals aren't necessarily off the table.  They're also morphing some active abilities (such as Hunters Mark) that are staples of the class into passive abilities, again in an attempt to stream line the combat process.

The more I hear about WoD the more I'm mildly interested.  I probably won't be playing however with the box price at $49.99 and no game time included.

You can pre-purchase here.

You can check out the Alpha Patch Notes here.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> MMO Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: