Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> The Firing Range
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinncynt
-------------------------

re: Wolfenstein: The New Order

My new favourite First Person Shooter I've not even yet played has a new release date!  Previously the single player shooter was due out on the 20th in the US, 22nd in Australia, and 23rd in Europe.  Bethesda revised those dates today and now has the game launching world wide on the 20th of May.

For those of you not in the know on this title it's the next over the top action shooter set in a 1960's alternate reality and continues the Wolfenstein IP.  My fond memories from Return to Castle Wolfenstein (which is available on Steam for the low low price of $9.99) have me jacked.  Granted I did love the multiplayer more than the single player but it was fun even solo.  I long for the days of fun, crazy shooters in the vein of Duke Nukem 3D, RtCW, Triad, Shadow Hunter, etc.

A few media sites have posted hands on articles regarding Wolfenstein: The New Order and have mostly positive things to say, read into that what you will.  A lot of comments about it being over the top silly with gun play but having a semi-serious tone to the missions has good comments getting tossed around.

The title is being released on the XBox One / 360, PS4/3 & the PC.  Pre-orders will receive a beta code for id Software's next Doom game.  Sounds like that next Doom game (announced back in 2008) should see Beta sometime this spring / summer.  Though I can't find any hard evidence of it, just vague mutterings so take that with a grain of salt.

You can pre-order the game here!

A Panzerhund Edition was announced today and is along the same veins as a collectors edition, it will be limited at 5,000 individually numbered editions.  It comes in a vinatge footlocker-style numbered box, with 11 Classified Documents (an assortment of maps, case files, etc), an 8" articulated Pazernhund hand painted statue, a Steelbook a set of 14 full colour postcards, embroidered patches and replica dog tags.  At $100.00 USD The Panzerhund Edition seems to have it all.  What it however does have is a copy of the game...  If you're at all interested in the extras you can pre-order from the Bethesda Store here.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> The Firing Range All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: