Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinncynt
-------------------------

re: Gaming News - March 20th

Some cool stuff out of GDC 2014 today as well as some other stories.

Snowdrop Engine Reveal

Massive had game play footage (on a Windows PC might I add) of The Division to highlight their new Snowdrop engine that's powering the game.  You can check out the article on Massively.com right here.  Looks pretty slick, both the game play (not that there's THAT much of it) and just the engine in general.  Might make for some sweet games in the near future.

ESO API Stripped Down

Turns out that Zenimax doesn't want you modding ESO that much after all.  Two weeks ago Zenimax announced there would be some changes to the API that would effect modders.  Today we find out that those changes are rather significant...  You can follow Massively.com's article right here.

Long story short is they removed the ability for to track what others are doing to your avatar.  This change renders a lot of mods that have already been developed in anticipation of the Early Access which starts in 10 days dead in the water and pointless.

WildStar PvP Hands On

Massively.com also has a new article up outlining a hands on for WildStar's PvP right here.  I won't go into any more detail here, click the link and read away / watch the video if you like.  Looks like more of the same with a CTF type battleground with twists (It's kinda like Huttball from SWTOR and Warsong Gultch from WoW had a love child).  It doesn't leave me in awe thinking about this great new game play mode, but it does sound like it would be a tad bit of fun with some good strategic options layered in, especially if you were playing with a group of friends on voice coms versus a pick up group.

GW2 Feature Pack slated for April's Update

Well it may be too little too late for a lot of people but ANet is finally looking at existing features / systems and upgrading them.  This latest update is purely about adding new systems and enhancing / tweaking existing systems.  To be a little jaded...  the fact that they didn't do this previously is a large part of why I personally stopped playing.  They kept adding living story, new systems that encouraged more grinding, and not revamping things that didn't work particularly well or adding features that a lot of people felt the game should have launched with in the first place.  Is it too little too late for others?  I know it is for me.  But if you're still interested you can catch ANets press release / blog post right here.

Vinncynt

re: Gaming News - March 20th

UPDATE

Everquest Next: Landmark

Update Notes

There was a new patch rolled out to the servers today!  Added the ability to craft a mail box and send in-game mail with attachments.  Added groups.  Teleport to Friends, Claim and Hub have all been added (with Hub requiring a "shard" that can be crafted at any forge).  And the ability to post directly to social media from INSIDE the game (including screen shots) has been added.  For a complete list of the patch notes you can follow this link.

Good Bye Alpha!  Hello Closed Beta!

Yeah, I stole their post subject.  Wanna fight about it?  The last day of the Alpha will officially be Sunday March 23rd with the Closed Beta starting on Wednesday March 26th!  Everything save your Founder Items, character name (the character will be gone but your name will be "reserved" for you), and anything you have saved as a Template will be wiped.  Everyone will start back at square one with the basic harvesting tools.

That does mean that you can purchase the Settler Pack for guaranteed access to the closed beta for the cost of $19.99 USD.  You can purchase the pack by following this link, or you can keep your fingers crossed and get an invite to Closed Beta if you apply.  An important distinction, the invite you get from the application process is time-limited (one week of access if memory serves) versus paying $19.99 USD for access through the entire Closed Beta.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: