Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> MMO Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinncynt
-------------------------

re: ANet Announces GW2 Megaserver System

Well ANet...  I dislike you more and more.  It's weird that I dislike them for changing the game for what I can see as a positive.  I just feel so let down that I stuck it out so long, harped and bitched, provided feedback, made suggestions for additions to the game and over a long period of time nothing was done.  Then I stop playing due to work, then work clears up and I have a hard time getting jazzed up about the game due to no changes coming down the pipes and just living story installment after living story installment...  I quit playing, finally move on, now I'm putting my time in other places.

And NOW they make a lot of the changes people were crying for since launch...

/sigh

You can read ANets post about Megaservers here.

Dethroat.

Awarded:

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
Vinncynt

That is pretty much EXACTLY how I feel...

Dethroat.

Awarded:

I had to. The fact that one gif can sum of the emotions of every GW2 player is sad. They are trying so hard to compete with ESO now, you can see it.

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
Vinncynt

It's just too damn bad that they didn't care until now...

Vinncynt

Follow Ups!

The Megaserver System & Guilds

So I guess the first thing to cover is that the Megaserver will be rolled out to encompass level 1 to 15 maps, the sPvP lobby, and major cities on April 15th.  Then in late 2014 it'll roll out to the rest of the maps.  WvW and Guilds will get some updating by the end of the year to get in line with the Megaserver.

As most of us know with our move from Yak's Bend to Tarnished Coast the guild is localized to the world it's on.  So when we moved characters from YB to TC they were still in WAR however the WAR on TC didn't have anything unlocked where as the WAR on YB was fully unlocked.  They're going to change the way this works so that eventually you're just WAR, and the home world doesn't matter.  If it's unlocked on YB it's unlocked on TC and so on and so forth (just makes you HATE all that gold we dumped into boosting our influence on TC to unlock crap...).  Eventually home worlds will be gone (uh, it is a Megaserver after all!) and you're just one guild across the entire game.

They did go on to say they won't be able to combine guilds, it'll just effect guilds with multiple "chapters" as they call it on different worlds.

Onto WvW!

In WvW you'll still pick a "Home World" such as Tarnished Coast to fight for.  So while the Home Worlds are going away for PvE, you'll still have to pick one for WvW.

It's like ANet woke up today and said "Man, I really like the way ESO does things!  We should change our shit!"

World Bosses & Daily Rewards

Well the plan here is to sync everything on a 24hr schedule.  I mean, it's probably a little more complicated than that but that's the jist of it.  The Jungle Worm will spawn at the same set of times every day.

Now the bigger problem.  Way Points on a map you're not on that CAN be contested will ALWAYS show as contested until you WP to a NON contested WP on the map and see if it really is contested or not.  That can be a big let down if someone in the guild links you a WP that can be contested because they want you to join them.  You won't know if the map you go to is or isn't until you WP to a different point, and THEN the one they linked (if it's not contested).  Just seems like a pain in the ass to me.

Anyways, you can read about the World Boss & Daily Rewards Dev Blog right here, and the WvW & Guild one right here.

Oh, and if you're still into GW2 or want to suck some friends in it is 50% off from now until April 13th and you can buy it right here.

Dethroat.

Awarded:

I can't even force myself to read this anymore. ArenaNet.........

My location on TeamSpeak
Vinncynt

I read it only so I can get annoyed at why they didn't do all this stuff up front...

Muerte Man

I'm gonna go back, I hate it, but I love it. It's like crack. I don't know if I can ever get into it again though.

Tal_lion

Late 2014 eh? Just like wvw xp consolidation, new legendaries and precursor crafting were late 2013.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> MMO Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: