Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> The Command Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinncynt
-------------------------

re: Twilight Struggle Kickstarter

GMT Games launched a Kickstarter 3 days ago for a PC / Mobile version of the board game Twilight Struggle.  In those three days it hit it's $50,000.00 goal and is currently sitting at $127,966.  $15  gets you the game on either iOS or Android plus a "Twilight Struggle: What If?" expansion, $30 expands your choice to also include PC, Mac onr Linux.

The following is ripped right from the Kickstarter Page...

What is Twilight Struggle?

Twilight Struggle inherits its fundamental systems from the card-driven classics We the People and Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage.  In that tradition, it is a challenging strategy game of medium complexity that presents new and different challenges with every game session.  The game map is a world map of the period, wheron players move units and exert influence in attempts to gain allies and control for their superpower.  As with GMT's other card-driven games, decision-making is a challenge; how to best use one's cards and units given consistently limited resources?

Twilight Struggle's Event cards add detail and flavour to the game.  They cover a vast array of historical happenings, from the Arab-Israeli conflicts of 1948 and 1967, to Vietnam and the U.S. peace movement, to the Cuban Missile Crisis and other such incidents that brought the world to the brink of nuclear annihilation.  Subsystems capture the prestige-laden Space Race as well as nuclear tensions, wit the possibility of game-ending nuclear war.

So I went a head and pledged $15 myself.  Seems like something I could dig playing on my android device.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> The Command Post All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: