Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UnholyDucky
-------------------------

re: Guns of icarus -ONLINE- review

Hey there everyone! Ducky here to give you guys an somewhat in depth and personal review and pros/cons of the game GUNS OF ICARUS ONLINE

Now, I'm going to start out with something so crazy and so un-orthadox that it will blow your mind

The cons, Thats right. I will talk about the negatives of the game first!

Now, Personally I believe I have the most game time in Guns Of Icarus considering I had it way before it popped up here in the war-is-hell community, This may be blowing my own horn and it may be fact, But lets just roll with it for the time being.

I will be straight up honest with you when I say that these cons in no way affect the gameplay or the amounts of endless fun that you will have with your buddies as you take to the skies in a blimp/airship and dominate your enemies with courage, brute-strength and tactical patience.

There are only a few cons that are worth mentioning so I'll finally get into them

1. Constant bugging and glitching in the in game menu :
Despite the fact that this game has been released for quite a while, the developers have not been able to fix a couple of menu and ui bugs that can actually increase the amount of time that it takes to get into game. Such as ships dissapearing from lobbies, Your friends magically being gone from your friendslist to NEVER BE FOUND AGAIN -DUN DUN DUNNNN-

2. In-game glitches that rarely happen :
Ships just absolutely turning invisible, characters turning invisible, enemies turning invisible,

EVERYTHING TURNS INVISIBLE..

And not to mention the famous loading bug which doesn't let you connect to the game AT ALL

That is about it for the cons.. Lets get to the PROS

1. The amount of endless fun you will have in this game :
Wether you're the pilot, commanding your crew and at the same time attempting for YOUR DEAR FREAKING LIFE TO STAY OUT OF DANGER AND NOT GET BLOWN UP WHISLT SIPPING ON A GLASS OF WINE BECAUSE YOU ARE THAT BAD ASS.

Or being an engineer who is running constantly around the ship, Most likely the skinniest person of the group considering the exercise he gets and the amount of tasks he preforms! (or she)

And then there is the gunner.. Who doesn't like sitting on a rocket launcher turret , putting the enemy airship in your sights and then

BLOWING IT TO KINGDOM COME!

2. The graphics in this game are just:

Amazing, breathtaking, steampunkish, absolutely fucking wonderful, I can't believe its not butter, For the price I'm paying? Am I D-R-E-A-M-I-N-G RIGHT NOW?
A-K-A it's pretty bad ass for an "indie" game.

3. The mechanics.
Now of course, every multiplayer game has to have it's mechanics, but this game really takes the cake.
Not only do you have to worry about your crew's skill level, or their equipment, It also comes down to the pilots choice of guns on the ship, the ship in general, and the captains experience.

(This is including the experience of the whole crew)

And communication, MOST GAMES THESE DAYS FROWN UPON COMMUNICATION WITH YOUR TEAM TO ACTUALLY ACHIEVE SOMETHING! THIS GAME GETS IT RIGHT IN THAT IF YOU DON'T COMMUNICATE , YOU'RE PUNISHED.. by death..

Anyways, There is alot more content that I haven't even gotten into yet and we're just getting started, such as character* customization, ship customization, clans, ect. This game is just.. amazing..

Overall I give this game a rating of

9/10 DUCKS
Yes.. there are  9 ducks

Awarded:

re: Guns of icarus -ONLINE- review

I actually counted hahaha

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: