Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> MMO Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinncynt
-------------------------

re: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

So I know it's not REALLY an MMO per-say but it's got enough features in common with MMO's I figured I'd put it in this forum 

Anyone pick up the expansion?  I was pretty disappointed with D3 when it launched.  I had put money on a Collectors Edition, was super excited to play, made it through one act and stopped.  Since the expansion came out however my friends that I used to play WoW with were giving me a hard time for not playing with them and encouraged me to purchase the x-pac.  They said it fixed a lot of what was wrong with D3 in the first place and that the new class, the Crusader, was fun to play.

So I did it.  I bit the bullet and bought it yesterday.  Played most of the night, the new class IS pretty fun, and a lot of my initial gripes are gone.  Very polished, very pretty, and kinda fun.  It's no Torchlight or TL2 that's for sure, but it's not bad.

Fun bit of news on it however.  In the first week of sales Blizzard moved 2.7 Million copies.  Seems like a decent move.  But when you compare that to initial sales of D3 (remember it set a world record!) of 6.3 Million Blizzard seems to have missed the mark.  I'm going to blame it on people's lack of love for the original and feeling a little skeptical about giving Blizzard more money.  Especially when you have other options out there like Path of Exile (which is free to play by the by), Torchlight (which is available for $14.95 USD) & Torchlight 2 (which is available for $19.99 USD) that are just as good if not better in a lot of ways, not to mention far less expensive than the $39.99 price tag Blizzard put on the expansion.

Dethroat.

Awarded:

I still have D3 installed. Probably won't sink anymore money into that game until I fully beat TL2 with someone, but even then, I am not 100% sure if I'd do it. I was the same way, played through one act, and kinda stopped. Friends of mine had to co-op with me and basically drag me through the rest just so I could experience the story, that's all I wanted. So I'm not entirely sure I'll be returning back to D3 lol

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
Muerte Man

I'm up to 63 now, and moving slowly. It is nice to sink half an hour into it before I can get myself to do work. I'll probably slowly work my way to 70 but its never gonna be the time sink of GW2 or especially the original GW was for me.

Kengaras

Awarded:

I picked up D3 a week before the expansion (picked them both up in one purchase). I had heard about the rocky start, which is what kept me away from it, but I had a lot of fun mindlessly killing stuff. My barbarian is up to 66 or so. After getting through the entire game, and the expansion, I haven't been as motivated to play.

What is TL2?

Vinncynt

Kengaras wrote:

What is TL2?

Torchlight 2, it was created by the guys who headed Blizzard North which was the original Diablo II development house.  It's pretty gosh darn slick and a lot of people say it's what D3 should have been.  It really is pretty good Ken, if you enjoyed mindlessly smashing through D3 pick up TL2 for the $20 and play through it.  Hell you could probably convince me to play through with you 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> MMO Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: