Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> MMO Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinncynt
-------------------------

re: Camelot Unchained: Producers Letter April 2014

April's Producers Letter was posted up on Camelot Unchained's official site.  The letter was crafted by Producer Tyler Rockwell and starts off with him offering apologies for the missed late March testing phase we were expecting to see.  "I balance two jobs: One as Producer, the other as Environment Artist." writes Rockwell.  "While I was purposefully focused on art at the end of the month, we learned that pendulum had swung too far to one side."

They had a new designer come on board in March, have hired a new programmer that will start next week, and took on their first intern, Max Porter, who is working closely with Mark Jacobs to flesh out some lore (their intern has a background in creative writing heavily steeped in fantasy).

The on boarding of two new developers (a designer and programer) and an Coffee Monkey...  err I mean intern, should help the team in crease their productivity in order to hit Alpha on schedule (a little later this year).

Two new big announcements to their website.  The first being that their store front which will be upgraded to allow the merger of contributions, as well as additional purchases for support.  Currently Camelot Unchained has raised a grand total of $2,573,263 in crowdfunding and the next stretch goal they're still shotting for is The Giant Races at $2.6 Million.  That's just $26,324 to go for the stretch goal.  Hopefully the new store will help reach that plateau.  In total funding for the game hovers around the $7,573,263.  That's the crowdfunded total along with $2 Million from Mark Jacobs himself and $3 Million from other investors.  You can pledge and back the game at their current store here.

The second web update will come in the forum of a revamp on the forums.  The current ones are a little difficult to navigate and have been causing issues, there's an upgrade planned for later this month to move to a more friendly service.

That was it for the April Producers Letter.  Well ok, not it, there's also some wonderful concept art for the Giant race of the Tuatha De Danann.  Check it out...

Tal_lion

While I have only been following this in passing some of the updates /news have given me a gloomy feeling.  I'm not sure though.

Vinncynt

Tal_lion wrote:

While I have only been following this in passing some of the updates /news have given me a gloomy feeling.  I'm not sure though.

The only negative update so far was this producers letter where they didn't meet a testing goal for the end of March.  I've been pretty damn happy with all the art direction, animation, and the previous testing of network code went over smashingly.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> MMO Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: