Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UnholyDucky
-------------------------

re: Update 4/4/2014

SO, some people have definitely been wondering what we have been working on in terms of servers and the community, and I thought that it would be nice if I put up some patch notes here for everyone in the community to reference.

Servers:

• Countestrike source W.C.S[Warcraft mod] server is currently still in BETA as we work out races and admin privileges

Warcraft-Source Mod for EventScripts was started in 2006 by a coder named Kryptonite.
It was based off of WC3 by Pimpin Juice which was a warcraft mod for CS 1.6.
It went under a lot of development as it release public versions with Kryptonite at the helm of the coding team for WCS.
With it stopping official development towards the end of the 2008 at version .77.
A few times after a few people got together to make new versions of wcs mod.
Such was as Warcraft:Source Python was a complete recode of WCS into python for speed and stability.
This project was lead by Jeff91 and Freddukes and the project also stopped development a year later.
With the arrival of the Orange Box update a lot of addons and functions broke which was a big smack in our face, 
but it also forced us to come up with all sorts of updates.
Hetal the current leader of the official Warcraft-Source.com assigned La Muerte to keep track of the site layout.
In 2010 Freddukes started back up the WCS:P version for development which is going well, with alot of recoding finished already.
With a fresh generation of Custom Coders the standard WCS:OB version is strongly improving and growing in capacity each day. 
Now Tha Pwned has created a WCS mod written in python but its loading races still in ES:S, in other words it's very customizable and still easy to code races/ultimates and shopitems for. It's bug free and requires only ES. 
  • Garrysmod Servers are currently being updated for stability and are having special ranks added to them

• Just cause 2 multiplayer servers are currently being worked on and should be up and running soon! 

•  XBMC Is still, as has been under heavy development. I am working on releasing it very SOON to the community but as I am the only one that is currently working on the development of the free to use  web-server side of it for the community it is going a bit SLOW

• The Mine-craft RP server is still in development and we can still use extra manpower to get it where we want it to be, Since I have been really busy with other things I have handed over the server leadership of the mine-craft server to DETH. So any primary questions about the server should be directed towards him unless it is something very technical.

• The team speak 3 server! yes, that mystery server that not alot of people are using. We are encouraging all of the members of the community that are taking a break of the guildwars 2 Side of things to come and join us on our team speak server! where you can hear the latest updates and give encouraging/very discouraging criticism to what we are doing, give us ideas and just play the games that you love to play while talking to your favorite buds! We on team speak miss you all!

• League of legends WAR IS HELL team!. For those of you who play the game with the overly-toxic yet fun and bad-ass community that is league of legends be sure to message Me or deth if you're interested in joining our league of legends ranked team! You can also come on the team speak 3 server and chill out in the league of legends channel and play normal with your friends!

That's all for now, stay tuned for more updates and news!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: