Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> The Command Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kengaras
-------------------------

Awarded:

re: War In Europe

This is a computer game adapted from the tabletop game (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2802/war-in-europe) that I played a few times back in the '80s and '90s. Takes forever to play the table top game as the map is 48 sq ft and it has 3,000+ counters. The computer game (https://shop.decisiongames.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=2100) is a faithful re-creation of the board game and, when I played it a number of years ago, supported PBEM.

Two others and I got through most of the invasion of France before the guy playing the allies accused me of cheating (during the times we played the board game, he never thought to run German production using a spreadsheet in order to maximize the number of mechanized units available for the invasion of France), which brought our game to an abrupt halt. 

That experience aside the game is a great adaptation of a traditional cardboard counters wargame to the computer. The only serious downside was the ability to alter the starting forces without the other players knowing about it.

When the new game is created, it allows you to change what each side starts with if you want to handicap a particular player. We experimented with this by adding one air unit to see if the other players had any notification that it happened. 'lo and behold, no notification was given. So, I recommend that the game be created with the entire group present unless you implicitly trust the person created it.

I would also point out that it doesn't have an AI, so no single player games.

Dethroat.

Awarded:

re: War In Europe

Actually doesn't look half bad!

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> The Command Post All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: