Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> MMO Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinncynt
-------------------------

re: GW2 Wardrobe System

So...  If I was playing the game any longer I think I'd be pissed about this...

You can check out the GW2 Dev Blog here and Massively's coverage here.

How many people spent REAL money to buy skins because they looked cool and now might feel like they wasted their hard earned cash?

The new system means that every time you collect a new skin it will be added to your available skins.  So if you buy that sweet new armour piece off of the Gem Store you only need to buy ONE to be able to use it on all of your characters.  If you want to put the skin on a piece of gear with specific stats you still need to use a transmutation stone to do so.  That part doesn't change.

If I was still playing I'd be happy that this change was incoming, and pissed at the same time that it a) took that long and b) they fleeced me on a couple of items I wanted for a couple different characters.

Oh well.  Hopefully those still playing this game are excited for it and will get some use out of it.

OH!  And also, the dye system is being updated...  Read the Dev Blog Here.

If you unlock a dye on one character it's available for ALL characters.  Cool if your new to the game.  Pretty shitty if you have been playing for a while now and spent gold on getting specific dyes.  For example I bought Celestial Dye on all of my characters.  How will they compensate you?  By providing you with one random unidentified dye for each duplication you have in your dye inventory...

Why oh why couldn't they have had both these systems in at release...

Vinncynt

re: GW2 Wardrobe System

Along with the above systems April will also see some Social Play Improvements, you can read all about them on the GW2 Site here.

These changes make me sad to be honest...  I'm happy for people still playing who are finally getting them.  Saddened however that it took so long and they lost my interest before putting in these quality of life features I've been wanting for a very long time.  Too little too late ANet...  At least for this gamer...

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> MMO Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: