Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinncynt
-------------------------

re: Changes Incoming!

I didn't have a great image to go with this post, but since this hearlds some mayhem in the form of changes I figured this image is a little fitting!

Hey all,

Been a while since I've done one of these posts but I wanted to give everyone a heads up as to what's happening with the guild these days and a little insight into the changes that are happening.

First off as I'm sure you've noticed a lot of people are a little burnt out on GW2.  Regardless of the reason a lot of people have left to go off in different directions, be it in GW2 or in other games.  The general consensus among most is that even though they aren't into GW2 any longer they still want to maintain the friendships we've grown and be together as a community.  I'm not going to make one huge long post here on the front page, but I am going to make this quick one, and encourage you to click on the View Post button below to continue on after the break!

Vinncynt

Guild Wars 2

This information pertains specifically to Guild Wars 2 and War is Hell.  Det has stopped playing for the most part as have a lot of the other officers and members.  Here's the low down on what's happening now.

Stars is the new GL.  Det logged in, promoted Stars to Guild Leader and demoted himself.  Stars is now "The Big Show" in Guild Wars 2, and all decisions, directions, etc, will come from him.  He's made a great post here that you should go take a read on if you're still active in the game.

There's some shake ups, some restructuring, and all in all a lot of good new stuff coming.  If you're still playing, active, and want to take a role in helping to rebuild the guild make sure you reach out to Stars.  I know he's looking for some people to help keep the guild running and kicking ass!

Vinncynt

The War is Hell Community

Since a lot of us didn't want to lose touch and still play other games together we've started taking steps to convert the Website, Team Speak Server, Facebook and Twitter accounts from a specific Guild focus for GW2 to a casual Community focus.

To this end new "General Discussion" forums have been created for some game types (like MMO's) so we can co-ordinate our play time together, discussion certain titles, etc, etc.  Right now they're pretty generic names, but I'm looking to jazz them up a bit!  There will be a post in each soliciting some idea's from people, so feel free to chime in and help shape this into OUR community!

Community Name

Det and I were talking and we agreed that War is Hell is a pretty great guild name, but maybe doesn't fit the idea of a Community that well.  So we're looking to rebrand!  I'll have a post up shortly regarding this as well, please feel free to offer up some suggestions, and if you think it should stay War is Hell then give us that option as well!

Team Speak Vs. Mumble

GW2 will still, as per my understanding from Stars, be operating on the TC Mumble server.  However the Community has a Team Speak server up and running for all of our other VOIP needs.  Feel free to join us, you can see the widget on the right hand side letting you know who's online even.  Join us!  Play some games with us!  You'll find a lot of us probably have the game you want to play and might even be interested in playing with you...

Recruitment / Membership

With GW2 recruitment is a little strict and will stay under Stars' control.  For the general Community however we're designing a much more laid back approach.  This is going to be a community where we can come together, talk about games, play some, and just have a good time.  We're going to open up membership to be a much broader thing and basically let most people join.  That said if someone's an asshat they'll be kicked and banned from the forums and the TS.  We still expect a certain level of maturity.  This change hasn't happened yet, but will soon.  It's a great time to get your friends, who maybe never played GW2, included in shaping and building our community!

Leadership

Things are a little different with this change, and we're still figuring out how we're going to structure everything.  But the basic idea is that we're going to have some Administrators who maintain the website, Team Speak, Facebook Group and Twitter Account.  These are going to be our "Leaders" and will include people who are working to make the Community more than the sum of it's parts.

Outside of that small group we're looking for some people to be Moderators.  Moderators will have a few different jobs.  One is the general policing of the forums to make sure no trouble starts up.  The second thing we're looking for from our Moderators is the want to post some news on a regular basis.  To condense some of the gaming news sites to our front page so that the Community knows what's going on!  Know of an opportunity to get a Beta Key for that Next Big Thing (tm), post it up!  These people will have permissions to post directly to our front page via the Community News Forum.

That's about as much as I know so far!  Keep your eyes (on the forums) and ears (on TS) open for more info and to contribute to our growing community!

Dethroat.

Awarded:

I cannot wait until we can finally roll out all of the AWESOME ideas that are flowing through our heads!

I would like to take the time to invite anyone who has any ideas on how to make this community fantastic, message me or vincynt! We really do want your input!

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: