This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community Chat Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you use TeamSpeak instead of Mumble?
Yes
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
No
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Don't Care. Either Work
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11

Dethroat.
-------------------------

Awarded:

re: If we had TeamSpeak

Would you use it instead of Mumble?

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
Kengaras

Awarded:

Is this being asked because the TC community may move to TS or are individual members of WAR unsatisfied with Mumble?

Kochaniie

I prefer Mumble over TS but if the TC community is thinking of changing, i don't mind.  The only one i really don't like is Ventrillo.

VulkFlux

Mumble over TS....TS over Ventrilo..hell I would rather use a pair of tin cans and a string before ventrilo.

Back away from the ledge, I'M COMING DOWN!
Aeleniel

I like Mumble best, but I'm with everyone else in that as long as it's not Vent... I'm good.

Dethroat.

Awarded:

Just a poll, over the past couple of days, I've heard some people talk about both programs and I wanted to see what people thought about both, just bored :P

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
Vinncynt

Team Speak is by FAR the better of the two programs.  I don't have nearly the issues I have with Mumble when I use TS.  I like the interface better, my good mic works on TS where it doesn't on Mumble, I like that customization is easier, etc, etc, etc...

That all said I like that we don't pay for Mumble and that we're integrated with the server.

VulkFlux

But we could use the TS for guild-specific needs, like other games we all might play together, guild mission nights...hell even if we used it strictly, I know a few of us have computers that can handle both mumble and TS with no issues so communication with the commander's channel would prove near seamless as well.

Back away from the ledge, I'M COMING DOWN!
UnholyDucky

I personally would much rather use team speak because I honestly hate the configuration settings and just how mumble is set up.. Team speak has more features currently and is surpassing mumble software-wise

On the one hand, a server-wide Mumble makes it where all a person needs is the client and access to an admin to establish their guild's channel. TC Mumble is free. Mumble is open-source.

On the other hand, TeamSpeak is by far a better and more stable client/server. I've never had issues configuring TeamSpeak like I have with Mumble. I've also never had issues configuring Ventrilo, however.

On a server we don't control, it's just that. We don't control it. There's no way for us to ban ass hats from our channels. We have had issues with this in the past. Mumble is too trusting. Any user can mute any other user. Any user can create channels randomly and delete them as well. Anyone on the server can drop into our channel at any time and troll us. Not much we can do about that aside from utilizing protected rooms where only certain users can go in them, which can create issues with 100+ member rosters. There currently is no way to adjust other peoples' volumes on Mumble (love you Norgs!). I heard a few months ago this is coming with the next Mumble client. Awesome. Where is it?

UnholyDucky

Aunedaiel wrote:

On the one hand, a server-wide Mumble makes it where all a person needs is the client and access to an admin to establish their guild's channel. TC Mumble is free. Mumble is open-source.

On the other hand, TeamSpeak is by far a better and more stable client/server. I've never had issues configuring TeamSpeak like I have with Mumble. I've also never had issues configuring Ventrilo, however.

On a server we don't control, it's just that. We don't control it. There's no way for us to ban ass hats from our channels. We have had issues with this in the past. Mumble is too trusting. Any user can mute any other user. Any user can create channels randomly and delete them as well. Anyone on the server can drop into our channel at any time and troll us. Not much we can do about that aside from utilizing protected rooms where only certain users can go in them, which can create issues with 100+ member rosters. There currently is no way to adjust other peoples' volumes on Mumble (love you Norgs!). I heard a few months ago this is coming with the next Mumble client. Awesome. Where is it?

Despite mumble being open source the developers are lazy, The only good additions that have ever came into mumble have been added in by the community and the devs branded it as their own idea.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community Chat Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: