This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community News Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zherbus

re: Event Ideas- Streaming and Teaching

I have two quick ideas that I think will help not only WAR but the server in general. The first one is easy, so I'll get that out of the way first.

1) When we are preparing for a stream, we should spam the hell out of it in Lion's Arch. Spamming it in WvW is nice, but most people in WvW are actively participating and won't be able to turn on the stream.

By putting it up in ahead of time, listening to us our Mumble and seeing us prepare will give people good lead time. We're entertaining enough. But LA is a city full of people in semi-idle mode. They're waiting for trades, messing with their banks, etc. People in LA can alt-tab and watch a stream if they are interested enough. In WvW, people really are forced to pay attention.

2) This is a big one. WAR should host a WvW tutorial night. It should be before PIST night definitely. I feel this would be awesome for the guild and Yak's Bend as a whole. We could promote the hell out of it in Lion's Arch... even days ahead of time. A PvE'rs perspective of WvW is pretty alien and taking a small flock under our wings would not only teach them some solid foundations. They would feel comfortable with our guild, but in general, they would be much more educated to enter WvW on our server than our average auto-attack zerger.
Dethroat.
-------------------------

Awarded:

Love it!

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
Vinncynt

re: Re: Event Ideas- Streaming and Teaching

Zherbus wrote:
2) This is a big one. WAR should host a WvW tutorial night. It should be before PIST night definitely. I feel this would be awesome for the guild and Yak's Bend as a whole. We could promote the hell out of it in Lion's Arch... even days ahead of time. A PvE'rs perspective of WvW is pretty alien and taking a small flock under our wings would not only teach them some solid foundations. They would feel comfortable with our guild, but in general, they would be much more educated to enter WvW on our server than our average auto-attack zerger.

I believe Sniper's been trying to host this three days a week for some time now. I keep seeing "WvW Tactics Training" on the calendar here on the website put up by him by no attendance.

MrTrevinoo

The only bad thing about us streaming out WvW nights would be spies from other servers. Tracking down our movement, cutting off reinoforcements, possibly taking down our golems(like last time) so maybe just being careful on how much we spam WAR twitch channel.
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community News Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: