This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community News Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dethroat.
-------------------------

Awarded:

re: Changes to Upcoming Guild Events

The Officers and myself had our weekly meeting last night, and as a group we decided that Guild Events are going to be split up a little differently.

We are going to have 2 PvE a week. The PvE Events will be on Monday and Tuesday. Monday will be Orr Night, and Tuesday will be Dungeon Night.

We will also have 2 WvW Events a week. We will have a WvW Raid Day on Wednesday where we get a group like we have on reset and make a huge push on a map. Thursday will also be a WvW Event. It's the same event that we will do on Wednesday as a Guild, but Thursday will be with the Alliance.

We came to these decisions last night during the meeting because most of our Officers are PvP/WvW focused and don't know what Events would work, and what Events wouldn't. We also want our Squad Leaders and Veterans to feel more inclined to host/schedule some of these Events and help run them. If by any means you would like to help host any PvE/WvW Events, please post it in the Guild Events/Contests forum and we will add it to the calender and help you advertise them.

I hope everyone understands and knows that we are doing this as a temporary thing to help better improve our Events we have scheduled. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this post, or talk to any Officer.

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
MirroredMadness

re: re: Changes to Upcoming Guild Events

Something I've been wondering, do we actually know how many PvE devoted guildies Vs. how many WvW guildies we have? I know personally the only time I Pve is when im leveling and gearing my toon with maybe a little farming for mats/money. I think it would be worth while to actually get some hard facts/numbers on who is WvW dedicated and who is strictly PvE, or hell who does both. That way we can more efficiently predict turnouts to events, or recruit more if we see numbers are too low on one front.

As always im open for feedback,I just think a poll or something should be done first to see what kind of numbers were looking at.

~Madness~
Vinncynt

re: Re: re: Changes to Upcoming Guild Events

[quote="MirroredMadness"]
As always im open for feedback,I just think a poll or something should be done first to see what kind of numbers were looking at.
quote]

It's hard to do a poll when maybe 10% of the guild is active on the forums.

We do know that we have more WvW focused members then PvE focused members. Hence the shift to only 2 nights of "PvE Events". The plus side for those of you focused on WvW is that the PvE Events are a) on slower WvW nights and b) are of a huge benefit for the WvWer's as well since they focus on Karma, Money, and opening temples for people to get Karma Gear.

We decided collectively to trim down our commitment to PvE as we weren't getting a huge turn out for PvE Events over the past couple of weeks (save the first week when the entire guild was on a hiatus from WvW). We're shifting the focus to get behind what the majority of our members are wanting to do on a regular basis. Even though PvE Members are in the minority in the guild we also don't want to exclude them from our organized outtings.

HOPEFULLY the week's schedules look something like this (NOTE: this isn't final, it may change, but this is just to give you an idea what we're looking at)

Monday - Orr Night, we will most likely be posting this on The Yaks Bend Community Site to give our brothers and sisters of the Alliance a chance to come wipe Orr with us.

Tuesday - Orr Night / Dungeons / Map Completion

Wednesday - Guild WvW Night, enrourage people who haven't WvW'd before to come try it with us, maybe we'll make a Vault out of them

Thursday - The Final Push(tm), getting out with the Alliance in WvW for one final point push.

Friday - Reset Night, nuff said.

Saturday - In the afternoon some WvW Squad Tactics training, in the evening full on WvW.

Sunday - Repeat of Saturday most likely.

Dethroat.

Awarded:

re: Changes to Upcoming Guild Events

Good idea Mirrored!

A poll would definitely show what we have. I will change the poll on the website later tonight, and hopefully we can have everyone spread the word to have as many members as possible to participate in the poll!

Serverside Management, Tech Support, TeamSpeak Administration, Website Design/Management Team, WAR TV Host

My location on TeamSpeak
The War is Hell Community TeamSpeak Viewer
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The War is Hell Community Forum Index -> Community News Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: